Thursday, March 31, 2011

Journal Entry #15 - Field Trip on FGCU Campus Trail

                                                                                                                                      March 31, 2011
Florida Gulf Coast University Campus Trail

Today our environmentalist, Erica, was able to take our class on a beautiful tour of the campus trail. 


       I was somewhat interested on going on the FGCU Campus Trail but I was not overly excited. I thought it would be interesting to learn about different trees, plants, and animals. But I learned so much more than that. I learned that we have a lot of Echo friendly tecniques with the water system below the board walk, how they freeze the pipes to provide air conditioning to the school, and how their are campus clean-ups where students can help clear the trails of the walkway.

       I liked how great it felt to go around and pick up the trash around the campus. It is ridiculous to see the amount of garbage that college students produce and leave on the grounds of the campus. I think if everyone that attends FGCU had the opportunity to learn about the environment and go on a campus trail they would have a better appreciation for the world and hopefully get a new perspective. The trail is also a great place to just take a walk and absorb the nature. I would definitely reccommend taking a moment of hectic college life to go on the campus trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment