Sunday, February 6, 2011

Personal Journal Entry #6

                                                                                                                                   February 6, 2011

The Puppy Bowl


     While taking my dog for a walk, I took a minute to just think. It was his birthday yesterday and I had no idea what I should get him. So, at that point, I decided that a good birthday present for my dog would be to let him run around and take a long walk. With a long walk, he could soak up the sun and sniff every fire hydriant, bush, or tree that he possibly desired. And he absolutely loved it! It is not every day that he has the opportunity to play outside for a long time, but if it isn't too hot he actually enjoys working off all his wound-up energy.

   And today we are sitting in and watching the Puppy Bowl. This is a show on Animal Planet and it is basically a football game with puppies instead of people. The show is adorable. Nicky, my mother, and I were quite satisfied to sit and watch the game. All dogs love to run around and play and I am happy that my dog, Nicky, loves to be in the great outdoors just as much as I do. It is important if you are a pet owner that you allow them to absorb the nature outside at least once or twice a day; it is both healthy for your dog and for you, the owner!

No comments:

Post a Comment